Looking for a bit more detail on some topics related to kayaking the Salt River? We’re constantly adding additional topics. Here is what’s already been posted:
- Tutorials on learning how to kayak
- More details on how to paddle the Salt River rapids
- The conundrum of the Salt River Wild Horses
- Kayaking with your dog on the Salt River
- Why you should drown the eggs of invasive Apple Snails
- What laws govern kayaking in Arizona?
- Where to find camping near the Salt River
- Where should you hike or mountain bike near the Salt River
- Can you fly a drone near the Salt River?
- Lakes to kayak around Phoenix
- The best places to rent kayaks in Phoenix
- How to transport your kayak to the river
- Alternatives to setting up a vehicle shuttle
- Where to buy an America the Beautiful Pass in Phoenix
- More on the America the Beautiful Senior or Access pass
- A short guide to kayaking signals
- The best way to pee or poop on the river
We’re in the process of making this site the best source of information about paddling the Lower Salt River. Here’s what we currently have planned:
Your Guide to Paddle Boarding the Lower Salt River
Paddle boarding is a rapidly growing paddlesport. Here’s a guide focused specifically on tips for paddle boarding the Lower Salt River.
Kayaking local lakes around Phoenix
A short guide to other places to kayak during the Salt River offseason.
Different rivers require different gear. This constantly-evolving guide will list the best gear for the Salt River with an emphasis on what’s available locally.